maandag 7 januari 2019

Burnt Butter Sage Ravioli

This is a dish I discovered when visiting Sicily. I went to an Italian restaurant and saw vegetarian ravioli with sage butter sauce. I had no idea what "sage" was. Was it some kind of vegetable added to butter? The waitress said it was a herb. I was thinking, why would I eat ravioli with a butter sauce with only a herb in it? Butter sauce is not a real sauce...

But I was so wrong. This was one of the most important discoveries in my foodie life. Sage and butter are in a perfect relationship with each other. Especially when you burn the butter with the sage leaves. You will taste the nutty flavour of the butter, in concert with the aroma of the crispy sage leaves. Try this recipe yourself!


Ingredients:
- Ravioli (sauteed mushrooms with some cream)
- Butter
- Sage leaves
- Parmezan cheese
- Pinenuts


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten